Saturday, August 30, 2008

When Your Baby Goes to Kindergarten...

Isaac started kindergarten this week. The day before, he told me, "Mom! Tomorrow is going to be the BEST day of my life!!" He has had a wonderful week full of scissors and glue and new, sharp crayons, and recess and PE and Library. He came home yesterday wearing a Shapes Hat that he had made. He loves school and is having the time of his life. I hope it lasts! I have only cried a few times when I think about when he was just a little tiny man....how I would just gaze at him while I held him, and how the wee hours of the morning were our special time. He still lets me hug and kiss him as long as I don't make him stand still too long, and he still thinks I can fix anything, and he still wants me to. This is a big step for us, he's our baby and now he's a school boy. My kids are growing up too fast.


Waiting to go in!!
Here is Caleb, Isaac and Andy. Caleb (Isaac pronounces it Ca-LUB) is Isaac's BFF.















Just a little bit of mommy love, but not too much!

So that's it. My kids are all in school.

2 comments:

Caroldean said...

My baby started kindergarten this year. She was so excited she kept telling me to go home, her friends were there and she would see me at the end of the day. My oldest started college, that made me feel really old.

We need to get together sometime before all our babies are grown and gone.

Kacey and Drew said...

Marianne! It is great to hear from you, I'm glad you found me. I am afraid I am going to fall apart when Spence starts school. I already don't want him to change too fast!