Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike


You may think I'm writing about my child and his wild behavior, but no, I'm actually writing about the hurricane that is hitting my parents in Houston at this very minute. The amazing thing is that I'm texting back and forth with my dad as it's happening. Technology is incredible! He says the wind is kicking up "pretty good," and the power is out, and my mom is sleeping through it!! We'll see what happens as the night progresses....I've been through a few tropical storms, and I never slept through anything. I bet she wakes up. And I hope everything's ok....

3 comments:

Tat said...

Here's hoping everyone's safe and sound.

Lainie said...

We were relieved to get news that they made out ok. NOT FUN! Now the busy-ness begins with them. This mission is going to fly because of how crazy things are over there right now. The busier you are, the faster time flies! LOVE YOU!!!!

Jill said...

Marianne I hope you don't mind I saw your blog on jen blackhams! I love it! Issac is getting so old!