Monday, September 22, 2008

Moving On

I work at an elementary school. I started there last December, and worked until the end of the school year. I think they were happy with me, and wanted me back this fall. But I was hired to be an aide, and the budget only funds aides for 100 of the 180 school days. I also am not employed over the summer. And since I'm not working for my own enjoyment, but for the sole purpose of getting money, I decided that I needed to find another job. (I'm leaving out all the frustrating aspects of the job, because those are present at any job, and it doesn't do to dwell on them. Suffice it to say they ARE there).

Anyway, so I found another job. It's a secretarial position in the Mechanical Engineering Department at BYU. It's about 3/4 time, and works with my crazy schedule, and it pays quite a bit more, and I start on Monday. I'm nervous, and a little sad about not being at school with Wade and Isaac. I love peeking in their classroom doors and seeing them doing their things. I love it that I know all the teachers. I love it when I'm walking down the hall and I hear, "There's my mommy!" I love it that I can watch Wade play football during recess (although I don't love recess duty...who does?!!) But it's time to move on. My last day at school is Friday. Wish me luck!!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Good luck!!

Lee and Melody said...

Oops, I can't type with just one hand! I wanted to say good luck and I'm excited for you!

t.t.turner said...

Oh, I remember seeing you in the mornings at Provost! I miss those days! Good luck with the new job! :)

The Blackham3 said...

Great for you! Good luck working with the GROWN UPS! Ash will miss seeing you around at school.

The McKinleys said...

my dear marianne!! oh i'm going to miss seeing you in the halls! i'm SO glad/happy for you that you found a new job!!! this year just hasn't been the same. i miss working with you like CRAZY. i hope i can last the rest of the year...we'll see how i hold up! you're so awesome though. and we need to do lunch. soon. love you!

Tat said...

I wish you luck, but you probably don't need it. I'm sure you'll do fabulous work.

Kim said...

Good luck Marianne! I'm sure you will be wonderful. Let me know how it's going! :)

bookmom said...

Good luck with your new job... More money is always helpful! Glad to have your blog address too!

Janice Pyper said...

Sissy, I love your blog! You put so much of yourself into your writing, I feel like I can just reach out and hug you while I'm reading it! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you start a new adventure! You will be wonderful, I'm sure, and I think you'll really enjoy it! By the way, I started to cry when I read your comments about performing with someone you really "click" with. How I miss those days, and it really was sheer joy! Oh my, I surely miss my daughters - especially when I'm up in the middle of the night reading stuff on the computer and thinking about everyone! Good luck with everything, sweetie! Hugs, Mom (Sister Pyper in Hurricane-recovering Houston!)

Lainie said...

I typed a really dumb comment yesterday, but its not here so I guess that's good? What I MEANT to say was that it is a crime that educators are paid like they are. I personally believe they should switch salaries with professional athletes! We do wish you well in your new job. Please keep us posted on how its going. And then...go have lunch with Dennis! ;0)