Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Quiet Evening at Home

I don't know how many of you are on Facebook, but if you are, I posted a new album this evening. It chronicles the entrance into our home of a whip. Yes, you heard me, a whip. Paul bought it and was practicing with it. I don't know what he intends to do with said whip, but there you have it. So after whipping himself a few times, he kind of got bored with practicing. Meanwhile, Dennis was trying to get Paul to wear some safety goggles (how UN COOL is that, Dad?!!!), and was demonstrating how good it could be to wear safety goggles. So I started taking pictures, because how often do you see your husband wearing safety goggles while practicing with a leather whip? (Or plastic? since it was only $5.99) Things digressed from there, as you can probably imagine, and here is some of the evidence.


















Now, you should also know that Paul, loving, kind, considerate big brother that he is, often makes fun of Kate and her friends. He recently teased Kate's friend about a picture Kate posted on Facebook, and said something kind of potty about the face she was pulling. When we came in for dinner after the whipping, Paul and Kate, and then me and Dennis, and then Wade (Isaac tends to eat and leave, he's not one to hang around the table) started imitating the face Paul accused Kate's friend of pulling. I won't get specific about the details (like I did on the Facebook album), but here are a few of the attempts...




















Enjoy a glimpse of a peaceful dinnertime at our house....

1 comment:

Lee and Melody said...

I laughed so hard I cried! I think I would really like dinner at your house. :) And if I found you on my doorstep one day, of COURSE you could come in! You could stay and play as long as you liked, and I would be so happy. I miss you!