Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whew! What a Week!!

Well, I started my new job. I like it. The people I work with are quite nice, I've made a few friends, and I'm learning the ropes. I meet Dennis for lunch some days, and am home by the time the kids get home from school (at least Wade and Isaac) three days a week. It's good. My boss is nice, and the faculty and other staff members are great. I think I'm going to be very happy here. Mechanical Engineering. Who'd've thought?!!

Flute Choir is going great. It's so WONDERFUL to be working with the majors!! They watch. They count. They read. They play in tune, and when they don't, they know it and they fix it. HEAVEN. We read a piece the other day, just for fun, that took my non-major choir the whole semester to learn. We're working on some tough stuff, one in particular, a Crawford Gates piece, so we'll have to be on our toes, especially me, cuz if I screw up, we all screw up!! Somebody once told me good conductors have to have big egos. Do I fit into that category? Hmmm....either the answer is no because I'm not a good conductor, or the answer is no because I don't have a big ego. Maybe we shouldn't pursue this train of thought any further!! I don't think I want to know the answer to that question. :-)

So the big fun is The Music Man, endorsed by President Monson!! We're pickin' and talkin' every night this week from six to nine or ten. Our show is coming together nicely nicely, thank you. (Oops, wrong show!!) It's going to be a very fun show, y'all come see us, now!! (Now I'm quoting old TV shows....)

Speaking of President Monson, I thought you should know that I'm going to let his last talk from Conference change my life. I have some changes to make, and I'm going to make them. Heavenly Father didn't put me on this earth to fail, or to be unhappy. I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, and he loves me. He will help me if I let him. I can be a good wife and I can be a good mom. I can also do a good job at work and at church. I can be happy and have joy in the journey. I WILL BE HAPPY and have joy in the journey!! Not to say I won't have rough spots, I've already had some this week, but I'm gonna pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again. I CAN DO HARD THINGS.

Enjoy the pictures. Cheep cheep cheep!!!















That's me second from the left, in the YORK shirt. Eulalie's in the middle and Harold's on the far right.














There we are, pickin' and talkin'!!




















This is Kate in the Marian the Librarian Scene.














More Marian the Librarian














She's so stinkin' CUTE!!

3 comments:

Tat said...

She is stinkin' cute! I'm so glad that work and flute choir and life are going so well.

Lee and Melody said...

It looks like the show is going to be so fun! I hope we can get down to see you and Kate perform. I'm glad things are going well for you. I'm going to go listen to President Monson's talk again now!

Kim said...

Marianne! Glad things are going well for you, although you sound BUSY! Work and then the musical for so long every night? Whew! When are your performances? Glad flute choir is turning out well for ya. :) Love ya!