Friday, February 6, 2009

ONE SHORT DAY

My sister always apologizes for her long and picture-ful blog entries, but I love them. Perhpas you'll love mine too....

So you'll recall that Dennis gave me a trip to Chicago and tickets to WICKED for our anniversary, and here's the photo essay of our trip. We left Friday morning early and got back Saturday night about bedtime, just one short day, but we had the most awesome fun time.

One short day
In the [windy] city,
One short day
Full of so much to do.
Every way that you're seeing the city,
There's something exquisite
You'll want to visit
Before the day's through!

Here we are just getting ready to leave

This is the view of the Chicago River out our hotel window.
Yeah, it was pretty much REALLY cold.

Another view out our window.

Here we are walking about town and seeing the sights.

Here we are outside Walgreen's, where we had to go in and buy hats because it was so FREAKIN' FREEZING cold!! Wade and Isaac got Chicago hats for souvenirs....

There's this awesome HUGE sculpture...giant jelly bean or bike helmet or something...
Really smooth and shiny....

Classic tourist pose....

We went to dinner at Ben Pao's, and they had a dragon dancing for the Chinese New Year.
Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

Here we are at Ben Pao. It was yumMY!!

Oh my GOSH. I was SO excited to see this!!!!

Proof positive (for me!!) that I was really there!

Inside the theater with my souvenir book. I look at it every day....

This is Saturday morning, getting ready to go home. :o(
But first.....a few hours at the Art Institute!!

**contented sigh**

**another contented sigh**

Dennis' favorite painting EVER

I LOVE Georgia O'Keefe
So, that's about it. The company was perfect, the show was amazing, the temperature (with wind chill) was unbelievable, and we had the most wonderful one short day!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Marianne, this looks like SUCH a fun trip!

Susan said...

Fun! Looks like the perfect day.

Lee and Melody said...

I am jealous of all the things you did, even the cold temperatures (because when I go out in cold like that all I get are two little noses to wipe and a pile of brown "presents" to pick up off the church lawn)! :) I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. I'll have to see if I can talk Lee into a little two-of-us trip someday.

Myranda said...

Lucky duck! My wishes always come true... but for other people!! ;)

heath said...

So fun! I'm glad you had fun even with the freezing temperatures.

Tat said...

Really interesting to know that that is Dennis's favorite painting. I'm not sure what that says about him yet, but I'm going to think about it.

And I like Georgia O'Keefe, too.

Lainie said...

It gave me chills to read your post, Marianne. I wish we could have joined you!! It's actually in Portland next month, but sadly we don't have the dough to go. ;0( Maybe next time? I'm SO happy you two got away!! Happy 20th!!!! HUGS!

JoEllen said...

What fun!! I am so glad that you got to do something great for your 20th. I can't believe it has been that long!