Thursday, March 12, 2009

Escape from Alcatraz

Now that I've got your attention with my catchy title, I just wanted to give a shout out to some friends who have been fighting a really difficult battle this past year. You can go to http://www.spidermanfightscancer.com/ to read more about it--they really are amazing.

BUT, the father of this family, my friend Aaron, has been accepted to compete in the Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon this year, which is a huge dream come true for him. With the medical bills and the time of life they are in (starving students!), the competition will be impossible for him without some financial help. I can help. Maybe you can, too.

Follow this link for more information if you're interested. http://web.me.com/aaronshamy/Spiderman_Fights_Cancer/Daily_Updates_Blog/Entries/2009/2/16_ESCAPE_FROM_ALCATRAZ_~_A_CALL_FOR_HELP.html
I'm not much of a fund-raiser, and I don't normally do things like this, but he's a friend and it's for a good cause. Plus this post lets you all know that I'm still here and I haven't given up. :-)

No comments: