Thursday, May 28, 2009

Graduation Update

Well, he did it! My wonderful, handsome, smart boy is going to GRADUATE from High School! This may not seem like a very big deal to some of you, in fact, most of you. Graduating from High School didn't seem that hard to me when I did it, but MAN!! Watching this boy struggle has been one of the great challenges of my existence so far. I am so FREAKING PROUD of this boy!! Plus, look how cute he is! Now imagine him with the freshly cut mohawk he's sporting today.

Here's one of him goofing off in front of the camera, and the photographer CAUGHT IT!!

Here's a random thought--today is the last day of school for my High School Senior and for my Kindergartener. (Everyone else still has to go to school tomorrow...) Isaac looked at me this morning and sighed and said, "Mom, I'll never be in Kindergarten again." I shed a tear for that one. And...for those of you who haven't seen my new album on Facebook, this one's for you:

Happy Graduation, everybody!! Don't bother me this weekend, I'll be partying.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Yay! Congrats to your son!

Lee and Melody said...

With me! You'll be partying with me! Lee is gonna hold down the fort (we're puppysitting Duchess), and the kids and I will head out sometime tomorrow morning. We'll call to let you know a time frame.

heath said...

That is fantastic! What a relief for you. And I love that family pic--classic!

Kim said...

YAAY! That is so awesome. What a sigh of relief. :) Have fun partying, woo!

JoEllen said...

Hip, hip, hooray!!!! I am so happy for him and for you.

Tat said...

Yay! Congratulations to Paul and to you.

Lainie said...

How was the PARTY??? I hope you ate lots of yummy food and played games and stayed up all night and did ALL that you do at graduation parties! I am far from that one...I can't believe, however, that Jasmin will be a big 4th grader next year. And Wade too? YIKES!

Kacey and Drew said...

Congrats on getting one through high school! I have a brother like that, everything is harder than it should be! Kindergarten seems like a big obstacle for me. Luckily we still have a few years to prepare...