Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reader's Choice

It's your choice. This blog post has multiple subjects, so I'm going to let you, my faithful readers, choose what topic you'd like to read about.

You could read about the last day of school for Wade and Isaac. That post would be titled, "Dance Festival." There would be pictures like these:

Of Wade, a happy cowboy about to dance to the "Boot Scootin' Boogie."
Of Wade and his awesome teacher, Mrs. Larson.

Of goofy Isaac, who danced to "The Wiggy Wiggles."
You should have seen him shake his booty!!

Of Isaac and his awesome teacher, Mrs. Ferrin.

OR
You could read about Paul's high school graduation. That post would be titled, "Paul's High School Graduation." That post would have pictures like these:
Of Paul and his handsome father getting ready to go!

Of Paul, refusing to give me ONE good picture.

Of Paul, my little man, graduating from high school. Big day.

Of Melody, my sis, and Wyatt (we call him Wypee), her little man.
They came all the way from Rexburg to be with us for graduation!!

Of Paul, crying with joy at his graduation gift. A $50 Wendy's gift card.
It was gone in three days.


OR


You could read about the graduation party we had for Paul. That post would be titled, "Graduation Celebration." It would have pictures like these:

Of Wyatt playing with the balloons we got to decorate with.

Of Wyatt still playing with the balloons.
He had WAY fun.
Of Wade reading to Wyatt to get him to take a little nap
before the party.

Of the sign Dennis made and hung up for Paul's party.

Of the backyard, all dressed up and ready to go!

Of me and Paul at his party.
Paul is eating rice with his fingers.
We had forks...

Of Kate and Adam and Jana and Melody.
Kate and Melody are putting the helium to good use.

Of Kate watching her balloon float away...


OR

You could read about Paul's random shennanigans. That post would be titled, "If You Give a Boy a Sharpie...and a cup and a paper umbrella..." That post would have a picture like this:

Of the item I found on the kitchen counter
when I came home from work one afternoon.


OR

You could read about how organized Isaac is. This post would be titled, "There's Still Room for Me! I'm Little!" There would be a picture like this one:

Of Isaac getting his bed all "orgamanized" before he goes to bed.
I asked him where he was going to sleep, and he said, "There still room for me!
I'm little!"


OR


You could read about Wade and Isaac's swimming lessons. Which really isn't all that exciting, unless you consider that Wade and Isaac have both taken their respective levels twice before, and finally passed them off!! That post would be titled, "Houston, We Have Lift Off!" That post would have pictures like these:

Of my two cute little guys.
I certainly didn't inherit my (plump) figure from either of them!!

Of Isaac taking a deep breath before he
plunges underwater to retrieve something.
He loves to retrieve things. Now that he's not
scared to go in the water.
Like he was the past two years.

Of Wade doing his incredible front crawl.


OR


You could read the post called, "Now You See Them, Now You Don't!" You could guess what Kate did this week! There would be pictures like these:

Of Kate BEFORE

And of Kate AFTER
she got her Wisdom Teeth removed.
Kinda bad day...

Of Poor Kate the days after, and trust me
I DIDN'T put up the pictures when she looked
REALLY BAD.
She would've killed me.


OR

You could read the very last post, which would be called, "One Flew Out Of the Cuckoo's Nest, or Flying the Coop, or Leaving Home for the First Time." That post might make me start to cry. Because I would remember my little man the day we brought him home from the hospital, and he was so small. And I would remember the day he learned to ride his bike without training wheels. And I would remember the day he stabbed me in the rear with a pencil because I wouldn't let him have cookies before dinner. And I would remember how tender he was with Kate when she was a baby. And I would remember his first day of school. And I would remember helping him with his math homework. And I would remember him leaving the lights on all night. And I would remember him wrestling with Wade and Isaac and all the neighborhood kids. And I would remember that this is a really hard day for a mom, but a really HUGE and exciting day for a young man. And I will remember to pray for him and hope that he's happy and that he knows how much we love him. And there would be some pictures like these:
Of my blessings

Of me crying while Dennis takes a picture

Of me bossing everyone around while
Dennis takes a picture.

Of everyone else while I take a picture.
Right before we left to take Paul to the airport.

Of Paul and Wade and Isaac at the airport.

Of Dennis and Paul at the airport.

Of Paul and Zac walking away.
You can't see me crying behind the camera
and embarrassing Paul.
Of Paul when I cried, "Wait! Let me get
one last picture!!"
So you choose. Just read the one (or two) you might be interested in. But think of me fondly as you read, and know that I have a whopping headache from the busy and emotional weeks I've had!!
Oh. Dennis just brought me a bowl of freshly picked cherries. I feel better already.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

Hurray! You're so blessed to have such a wonderful family and a life full of rich memories! :)

P.S. I loved your reader's choice!

Susan said...

Wow, you've been busy! So many great milestones with many more to come!

JoEllen said...

I read them all!! Love it! I enjoy hearing about your family and all the wonderful things you do. I am proud of Paul for graduating and of you for letting him go (even with the tears). I am certain that I will have a hard time when my first one leaves home.

I hope Kate is feeling better.

heath said...

So many exciting things. And so hard to say goodbye--where's he off to anyway?

Lee and Melody said...

W-O-W. That is a busy couple of weeks. I am happy and sad for you, and I love you, and I am going to go make some Krispy Kreme donuts in your honor. And I'll eat them too. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

The McKinleys said...

what a fun blog you posted! and even better...what a fun life you lead!! i loved reading about your family and how wonderful you guys are doing...you deserve it!! hope life has calmed down a little more, and you've been able to relax a little bit! you are great!

Jill said...

Oh course I read all the posts!love Your kids are so great! You better have told Paul to take a lot of pictures!!

Kim said...

Marianne, you have been a busy woman!! So fun to hear all of the updates!

mary nielson said...

Surprise! I read your blog!
You are so cool. When I'm a mom i want to be like you.

Tat said...

Thank you for this post! I need to be filled in, though... where is Paul going?

Sandi said...

Marianne_
You wont believe this (or knowing me you might,) but I was putting all last years Christmas Cards in the Christmas Binder and found your blog address on your last Family newsletter. I am so happy I did!
I read all of June, July and August's entries and I can pretty much say that with all the Pauly experiences, I felt and reacted the Same way with Devin flying from the Coop. It is hard to see them leave, but it is also the most amazing experience to watch at the same time. We actually left Devin in Utah when we moved to Florida and so I guess, that part is different. But then he has been here in Florida for the last 2 months and will be leaving again in December to go back to Santa Clara and go to Dixie College, and spend time with his sweet girlfriend, so the leaving will happen again and this time it will be harder for me!

What is Paul doing in Alaska?

It was exciting to see the little boys getting so big and to see Miss Kate oh so beautiful and looking so much like her madre as Devin calls me.

I thankyou for sharing your feelings on Aging. I totally feel the happiness and the scary parts with you!

And, I love seeing your family again. (Man, it has been such a long time,) you were at your Family reunion.
Love, love, love the Peeing pictures- so friggin awesome (as Mckenna would say.)

I am happy that all is going well.
I am so glad I found your address.
Miss ya, Sandi