Friday, September 11, 2009

Road Trip, Day 5 (Part 1)

YOU LUCKY READERS!! There's just TOO much going on today, so we're going to have to break it down into two posts! The first event is the Trail of Ten Falls hike. Silver Falls State Park is truly one of the most beautiful places on the face of the whole planet, and we got to enjoy it with all these awesome people.

Here we are getting ready to go...

And we're off!
A very long and drawn out parade of
Pypers and Cutchins and Andersons

LOTS of cousins

That's me
and a beautiful little river

This photo is kind of small
so
hover over it and then click
so
you can see us all walking BEHIND
the waterfall
Here we are coming out on the other side...

Cute Mr. Isaac
with his funny trademark grin

Kate E. Bug

My two little men
SO sweet

This is one of Lainie's
AWESOME
pictures.
It's Mandy and Matt.
Wade is looking for fish.
You probably already knew that.

I love this picture.
It's Mel and her Muffin Man.

Here's where it really got exciting.
Adam and Dennis decided to go for a swim.
(That water is about 45 degrees)
But just behind us,
Kenny and Spencer had some business
again...
Lainie hollered at him for going
RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE
of the trail....
While Dennis and Adam
made frozen peas...

So he turned around and joined
his brother
in the bushes!
We hardly knew who to watch...
The icy swimmers...

...Or the cute buns!!
After we ate lunch, we all went back to our cabins for some much needed R&R. The talent show is tonight and we need to rest up!!

2 comments:

heath said...

That is one gorgeous waterfall!

And I just have to say, that even when you are venting (in the previous post) you make me smile and laugh so much.

I know that I always have such grandiose ideas about how I'm going to be a better person, happier, yada-yada, but life is HARD sometimes. And a little stinky too. Tell me who those people are who say that it's hard to be around you and I'll kick them in the pants.

Tami said...

iLOVE the cute buns! I also LOVE you! I think all those negative thoughts come from Satan. Seriously. If he can keep you from being happy and from doing what you are supposed to by making you feel horrible, then he can erode your family. Of course, that makes me feel guilty, too! But just remember we all feel like that more than we admit and you can just feel crappy for a few days if you want to and things WILL get better! Feel free to forward this back to me in a few days when I think that I am the worst mom on the planet! :)