Friday, July 30, 2010

A Day at Yellowstone

On the second day of our awesome Family Reunion, we went to Yellowstone. I love Yellowstone. I worked there for a whole summer in 1988. If you keep track of forest fires, you'll recall that 1988 was the summer Yellowstone had massive fires. I lived there during those fires, and that experience affected me profoundly. I'll tell you all about it sometime...

But this time, I showed my children all the wonders you can fit into one day. We started with throwing rocks into a hollow tree stump.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of these went in...

The bison were amazing, as usual!

Poor Wade!
(He was supposed to be pushing Grandpa...
I don't know what happened...)

My crew checking out
Old Faithful Inn
(this is where I worked)

Grammy and Kate help Isaac

I challenge you to get a good picture of Lee.
Go ahead, just try it.

Waiting for Old Faithful...

Everyone wanted to feel the runoff...

...and I mean EVERYONE!

Dennis and me at Sawmill Geyser.
That's a good one,
because it pretty much goes all the time.

Oh, Wade....

On our way back from Morning Glory Pool.

I have a hundred photos of this day (seriously), so I really had to restrain myself to not put at least fifty of them on here. Pictures of baby bison, pictures of all the kids, pictures of pools and geysers, pictures of our lunch... If you want more, I'm sure I could accomodate you!! Just know that we had a really fun day, and all the kids slept REALLY well that night!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

I went to Yellowstone as a teen, but haven't been since. We NEED to go. Now I know who to ask for the inside scoop.

Kazzy said...

I really need to get back to Yellowstone! Looks like great bonding time for your family.

heath said...

I love Yellowstone. I've been meaning to take my hubby there (he's never been!).