Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I Had a Party. You Were Not Invited.

It's been a full month (plus a day, if you were counting) since I last posted. Pathetic. But it's been for a really good reason! No, really! A good reason!

I've been partying. Hard. And no one was invited but me. Well, I'm afraid my poor family had to sit by and watch while I partied. Because they live in the same house with me, they kind of got to participate.

This party involved lots of poor sleeping, and lots of crying, and no housework, and candy bars hidden in my underwear drawer, and boxes of Ding Dongs way up on top of the cupboard where the kids couldn't see them. The name of this party was PITY. It was a PITY PARTY.

It's not quite over yet, but things are winding down. Now that I'm able to wear two regular shoes and can {almost} walk normally, I can do a little more and I feel a little better. I am also making a few changes to my time management habits...we'll see if those help.

Yeah...

So, stop on by for the end of the party, if you think you can handle the fun. The Ding Dongs are all gone, but I still have two candy bars left!

7 comments:

Anna B said...

ok, i just discovered a new candy bar: three musketeers truffle crisp. it is totally incredible. you should add it to your party snacks!

Julie said...

Next time can I come? I'll bring Double-Stuffed Oreos and Reese's peanut butter cups.

Marianne, I LOVE YOU SO!

t.t.turner said...

Next time will you call me, and we can have a long-distance pity party?

Susan said...

I like candy bars. :)

Kim said...

Oh Marianne!! I think next time you should invite everyone. I've been feeling very pity partyish this last week. Bring on the candy bars. :) I hope you're doing better though! Hope your foot is gettin' better quick!

Meredith said...

My pity parties always include Cold Stone.

Kazzy said...

I have a regular pity party around here too, and I stopped apologizing for them awhile back. I hope you are feeling better.