Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Little Bit of Broken Heart

We had a bit of heartache around here last week. I shouldn't be blogging about it, because I'm not exactly at liberty to divulge the nature of the ache, but I want to share a few things I learned:

1. Crying helps.

2. Yelling really loud in the car when no one can hear you helps (although it scares the kids on the school bus who might happen to look your way while you're looking like some kind of wide-mouth banshee).

3. Printing out hundreds of old family photos helps.

4. An hour of peace and rest helps, if you know what I mean.

5. I've heard time helps, but I'm still waiting on that one to kick in.

6. And in the end, you have to turn it over to Him, because sometimes, there is nothing else you can do.

I think Kris Kringle put it pretty well when he sang, "Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking 'cross the flo-o-or. Put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out the door!"

I'm walkin'!

7 comments:

Kazzy said...

I might guess what the heartache was, but won't do it here either. So sorry. And I have screamed in the car before, but I kind of end up scaring myself.

Warm wishes for some mending.

Susan said...

Hope things mend soon!

Natalie said...

Sending some love and hugs your way.

Anna B said...

so, so sorry :( here's to crying and screaming in cars.

Kim said...

Hope things are better soon for you, Marianne. Hugs!!

sachiko and mark said...

Oh, you mean an hour of peace and rest while everyone else is at the first hour of church? i love that hour :)

t.t.turner said...

Love you, lady.