Sunday, November 7, 2010

Marianne's Motto

Today in Relief Society we had an awesome lesson. I'm positive that it was a direct answer to my prayers, and although I'm sure many others benefitted from this lesson, I'm also sure that it was for me. ME.

He heard my prayers and used another pair of hands--four pairs, in this case--to help me find the answer I have been seeking. And I know the women who shared very tender feelings and horribly difficult experiences as part of this lesson did it because their hearts were led to do so, because He knew it is what I needed. I'm so grateful to these wonderful women for sharing. They didn't know, I'm sure, why they needed to do it. But I know.

I like to have a personal motto--a "Team Cheer," for Team Marianne. Former mottos, that have not been retired, but have taken their places as steps in my journey are "Try a Little Harder to Be a Little Better," and "Find Joy in the Journey," and "Be a Mother Who Knows." Oh, and don't forget these ones, "I Think I Can, I Think I Can!" and "Never Give Up, Never Surrender!" Well, here's my new motto:

TODAY'S TRIALS ARE TOMORROW'S TESTIMONY

I have the resources to not only endure, but to emerge triumphant from the trials that I have experienced and am experiencing and will experience. Sometimes, for WHATEVER reason, I don't use the resources available to me, but as long as I come back and keep trying, as long as I don't give up, I will be the winner. And I love to win. I think having a testimony makes me a winner, and if my trials are what takes me there, then I guess I'll hop on board.

Testimony, here I come!

Thanks, Janna.

6 comments:

Meredith said...

You certainly have a winning attitude. You go girl! You're the best.

Sharon said...

After my father passed away, my visiting teachers commented to me in my next visit that they didn't know how I did it - that my testimony was so strong that it could hold me through the hard times. I guess I don't know exactly where it came from, but I do know all my small, different variety of trials had all built my testimony to exactly where it needed to be at that occasion. Good thing too, since I definitely needed it then to stand by and support me! I love your new motto.

Kazzy said...

Great new motto. I am always amazed at how lessons come up that are exactly what I need. It is unreal.

We are hankering for a last minute dinner party at our house this Friday... you guys like Indian food? Email me at karenmburton@gmail.com :)

sachiko and mark said...

i heart you marianne. you are so inspiring. I love reading your blog. you are one of the people that i really regretted leaving behind in provo. YOU, specifically, not just a general "Those sisters". I just think you are such an example of faith and perseverance and grace. I just think you're amazing :)

Erica said...

What a cheerful heart :) You will be amazing with that motto. I love it :) Keep up all the hard work and just moving through life even when it is hard. I love hearing all that you have to say.!!o

Anna B said...

go team marianne!