Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Beauty Tips


During this busy, but wonderful, time of the year, I thought it might be nice to share a few of my personal beauty secrets. These are just my little tips to help you look and feel your best for the holidays!

1. Get plenty of rest. Go to bed by 2:00 am, and don't you dare get up before 6:00!! You need at LEAST four hours of sleep to have the energy and brain power necessary to accomplish everything you need to do each day.

2. Eat healthy foods. Chocolate tops the list. Eat at least four chocolate covered marshmallow santas every day. Chex Mix is also a good source of salt to help keep your blood pressure up. It's important to keep your strength up with all the calories. Take advantage of every office party, every neighborhood party, every treat your friends bring you. Eat it ALL.

3. Take good care of your skin. All that sleep you're getting will help, as will the chocolate, but going out in the cold, stressing over the business you must attend to, sleeping with your make up on, and wiping your runny nose as often as necessary will keep your skin.... Well, it will keep your skin. But just barely.

4. Tend to your nails. First of all, what to do for those skanky toenails? Don't even bother with a pedicure. You don't have time, and you're wearing shoes and woolen socks all the time, even to bed. So who cares what your feet look or feel like? Sandpaper heels are especially attractive, so don't you dare use a pumice for at least four months. For your fingernails, save time and money on a manicure by just nibbling them off. You'll feel extra attractive at all your holiday events with cracked and bloody nails. Plus, they just feel awesome.

5. Dress your best each day. Wear your favorite bulky hoodie and your most professional-looking sweats. If you want to be extra festive, buy a new pair in bright santa claus red. Make sure you wear the same outfit three or four days in a row to save time on choosing a different sweatshirt. Chunky boots, or your lawn mowing tennis shoes are a good choice of footwear to complete your holiday look.

6. Most importantly, be sure to say YES to everything anyone asks you to do, come to, or take care of. The more activities you pile on your proverbial plate, the more stress and worry you can create, which remember, is so good for your skin! (Not to mention your growing ulcer...take care of that little friend!!)

The holidays are such a busy and happy time. It's important to remember these helpful tips so you'll be ready to enjoy all your holiday activities.

Good luck!!

9 comments:

Kate said...

Ha! Oh Mom. You are so great.

Lee and Melody said...

I will follow this list to the letter, for your wisdom is vast and superior. Oh, and I love you.

:)

Sharon said...

Let me just say that your list got quite a laugh out of me. I'll see what I can do to follow your advice. :)

Anna B said...

hahahaha!

and hair: make sure to not wash it on a regular basis so you can go for the shabby-chic "bed head" look. best finals week style!

Amber said...

Marianne! This was so funny! I really appreciated a little humor in a midst of horrid finals. Thank you!

Erica said...

You make me laugh so hard. I love ya

Kazzy said...

If it guaranteed me a purty happy face like yours I would do every one of those things!

Natalie said...

I feel I have wasted so much of my life, changing every third day when I could've gone four, now I will be far more productive!!

heath said...

Oh man, if I only I could say I don't do some of those things. Ah well, 'tis the season!