Friday, December 17, 2010

A Sad Day in Provo

The Provo Tabernacle. A landmark in Provo since 1883, destroyed by fire December 17, 2010. I took these photos this morning between 6:30 and 6:45 am. I cried.






This last photo is courtsey of the Deseret News website.


The news reports are saying officials aren't sure yet if the building will be a total loss, but I'm thinking it will be; the damage is extensive. I hope they rebuild. I really do. But I'm just sick about the organ.

It's a sad day in Provo.

8 comments:

Julie said...

I've been thinking about that organ too. So very very awful. I can't believe it.

Susan said...

Very, very sad. I really hope it wasn't arson.

Kim said...

This is so sad. What a beautiful building, lost. The tabernacle IS downtown Provo in my mind.

Erica said...

it is so sad. All I thought about was the organ :(. the building was so amazing too. It was so cute.

Natalie said...

Many a stake conference spent in the little hallway at the back. Very sad day :(

t.t.turner said...

This made me bawl.

Erin said...

Very sad. The comment of someone participating in the dress rehearsal that they could smell something (but assumed it was the camera and lighting equipment) makes me doubt arson, Susan. Hopefully they'll be willing to spend the money to rebuild.

Kazzy said...

So so sad. G and I were in total shock when we read it in the news.