Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That

Kate got asked to Prom last night. He put footprints from the front door, down the hall, down the stairs, across the family room, and into Kate's bedroom. He put a handful of Hershey's Kisses on each footprint, and at the end of the trail, where there were also Kisses all over the floor, a little sign read, "Now that I've 'kissed' the ground you walk on, will you go to PROM with me?"

I was singing "I Feel Pretty" (you know, West Side Story) while I was doing the dishes last night. I'm sure it sounded really, REALLY good, but when the doorbell rang, I realized that whoever was at the door had probably enjoyed a bit of my impromptu performance. I was embarrassed.

I stayed up really late last night fooling around on Google Earth. I was checking out a town in Taiwan where I have a friend on a mission, then I tought I might as well look around in Japan, and then I was in Dortmund, Germany looking for the Alter Benninghofer Strasse (but I couldn't find it because everything in Dortmund is called Alter Something-or-other, if you can believe that...). From there it was a logical hop, skip, and jump to Pakistan where I checked out K-2, which, oh man, you can kinda get a feel for, even on Google Earth. It was awesome. I visited the Eiffel Tower and Versailles, too, while I was at it. I found the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. Then of course I went to Kearney, MO. Too bad I couldn't spot the Mormon Missionaries...

When I went to bed last night my poor sleepy husband had sprawled himself over every available sleeping surface of our bed, and after a few gentle attempts to get him to consolidate himself, I went and slept in Isaac's bed. Isaac's bed is empty lately, because he has taken to sleeping, not only in Wade's bedroom, but right in Wade's bed. With Wade. All cuddled up.

Tonight I made a delicious dinner. Wade thanked Dad, who had been home for all of twenty minutes, for the great meal. Dennis said, "Don't thank me! Mom made dinner!" Wade was surprised. I guess he didn't know that I know how to make dinner.

Isaac and Dennis have made a Pinewood Derby car for Isaac. It is a red crayon and it is terribly, terribly darling. I will post a picture of it later. At the Pinewood Derby there will also be a cake auction, for which I am creating my famous Italian Cream Cake. I hope someone buys it, or I will feel bad. Actually, I take that back. If no one buys it, I will be more than happy to bring it home and eat it myself!

And there you have it. I little bit of this and a little bit of that.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That's so cute how Kate got asked to prom! I hope she has lots of fun with him. :)

Sharon said...

Those are all great little stories! I tend to just look over everything like that, only mentioning or thinking about the biggest things that happen in life. If I were at the auction, I would definitely buy your cake - it sounds delicious! (And you know how Johnn & I love desserts!)

Natalie said...

I'm so impressed you could think of cool places to look up, I get as far as my childhood home and I'm done...

heath said...

You are honestly one of the greatest people I know. I loved this!

Kim said...

Fun post, I love it all! :) How fun for Kate. Have a ball DRESS shopping!!