Friday, March 25, 2011

Not the Cake I Wanted...

Whew. Another Pinewood Derby in the books. Not my very favorite activity, if you want to know the truth. But the cake auction was a success, and Isaac had a grand time, racing and racing until he didn't want to race anymore.

I bid (ha ha, I just typed "bit" instead of "bid," that would have been funny!!)...I digress... I BID on about ten different cakes because I wanted to be sure and win SOMETHING! After I slaved over my delicious Italian Cream Cake, I didn't want to go home empty handed. I even bid on my own cake, because that's the one I REALLY wanted. I didn't win my cake. But I won three others. Yes, you read that right. THREE others. Oh yeah.

My co-workers don't know it yet, but they're about to have a great day.

Here is my delicious cake.
Your life will never be the same
once you taste this bit of heaven.

Here's Isaac with his SUPER CUTE Pinewood Derby car.

He and the other Wolves got to do the Flag Ceremony.

My sweet little flag-bearer.
He was embarrassed, but I thought it was cute
when he tripped on the flag...

The first race.
As you can see, he won.
And he's excited!

You can tell that he's about to say,
"Oh YEAH! First place!!"

Waiting in line for another turn to race.

After the Cubs had all raced,
they opened up the track to anyone who wanted
a chance.
Brother Miner pulled out his car
from yesteryear,
donned his "racing goggles,"
and jumped right in there.
I LOVE Brother Miner!
(Notice the graphite fingers on the little fellow on the left!!)

The only real downer to the evening was that right in the middle of our awesome Pinewood Derby, BYU had to go and lose their dumb basketball game. Thank goodness we had all that cake to cheer us up!!

And now that the Derby is over, I can start thinking of ways to afford a PROM DRESS....

10 comments:

Julie said...

I loved seeing all these pictures of "old" friends, and that crayon car is AMAZING. But, your cake . . . yum!

Jill said...

Fun times... Your cake looked YUMMY!!!!

Erica said...

I love how you won 3 cakes lol!!! I would LOVE to do a cake walk (that is what we did in elementary school). It was SO fun.

Anna B said...

i'm LOVING all these blog posts!! and, maybe post the recipe for this cake?? it looks amazing and i want to try some!

Rachel Novline said...

Why do I not work with you anymore?? :) Miss you all in ME!

Susan said...

That cake looks mighty tasty.

Rachel said...

I LOVE brother Minor (and you, but that is another story). And those racing goggles. Fantastic.

Lee and Melody said...

I want to go to that Pinewood Derby, it looks like, as Wyatt says, "You had much fun!" I want that cake too. Will you make one (or three) at the reunion?

Kazzy said...

Can I just be honest and say that I do not miss cub scouts. Nope. Not one eency blue and gold bit.

Kim said...

That cake looks delicious. Yum, yum. The cars are cute too, but of course, all I can think about is the cake...haha. :)