Thursday, March 3, 2011

Savory Moment #5

You may have noticed a disturbing lack of Savory Moments lately. I certainly have. That's partly because I've been so busy that I don't even know which day it is. And it's partly because my head (and my heart) have been inside a little black raincloud. Actually, a whole thunderhead.

Anyway.

The clouds may or may not be parting, it's hard to tell sometimes. I know that I've had a headache for about three weeks, and today I didn't have one, so that's a really good sign. But today, it occurred to me that no matter how bad it gets, I'm going to be OK. I can do this.

And that, my friends, is a Savory Moment.

6 comments:

heath said...

Yes it is. And it's a good reminder for me!

Rachel said...

oh thanks Marianne. I am there with you. There are so many things that is making life dreary. Thanks for reminding me that there ARE good things in life. :)

t.t.turner said...

I read this yesterday in Betty Smith's book titled A Tree Grows in Brooklyn:
"There had to be the dark and muddy waters so that the sun could have something to background its flashing glory."

Hang in there! Lots of love.

Anna B said...

headaches are the WORST! i'm so sorry. i woke up with one the other day and it put me in a black mood all day long. super long-suffering, that's me! :) i hope that headache leaves ASAP!

Annie said...

Ugh. I understand the headache feeling. Hope it continues to STAY AWAY!

Kim said...

You can make it! I watched this little clip yesterday when I was having one of "those" days and loved it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6_V3Le7vQ

You WILL make it. Just wait...those tulips in your yard are coming soon! ;)