Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Looking Forward

Things I am looking forward to (in no particular order):

1. The weekend
2. A family reunion
3. Our trip to Florida
4. Our trip to Lake Powell
5. My back getting better (this WILL happen, won't it???)
6. School getting out
7. Summer weather
8. Putting the new cushions on my porch swing
9. Fresh cherries
10. Setting up the pool

It would appear I am looking forward to summer. This has been the longest, wettest, coldest spring I can remember. And I can remember a LOT of springs!!

When I was in college, I remember that the lilacs were just starting to bloom when it was time to go home for the summer--and that would have been mid to late April. This year, it is mid May, and the lilacs just came on.

Although, to be fair, there must have been some sun somewhere, because Wade is already as brown as a little Indian, with a CRAZY farmer's tan.

So, Summer, I'm ready whenever you are!!

2 comments:

heath said...

I love a long, wet spring. I guess I just hope it means we won't have a long, hot summer.

Kazzy said...

I am with ya. I am freezing all of the time. ANd I am totally white-knuckling it until we take our cross-country trip to the warm beaches of NC!