Sunday, May 22, 2011

On a Quiet Sunday Evening

I was sitting at the computer, writing a letter to my missionary.  Dennis came in with his jacket on and said, "Hey, let's go for a walk!"  (Actually, he said, "Fancy a walk?" but...I don't know...didn't seem like it wanted to come out that way when I typed it...)

I said, "No.  I don't fancy a walk."  I never fancy a walk when the dog is going, on account of that he's so freaking stupid, and tries to knock me down.  I can do that all by myself, thankyouverymuch!

So Dennis went into the kitchen, and next thing I know, Kate is coming downstairs looking for her shoes.  Apparently, she DOES fancy a walk.  And plus, she said she didn't want Daddy to be lonely.  (I'm such a loser wife...)

So off they went.  Dennis and Kate and the Dumb Dog.  I continued with my letter, until I got distracted by a sound.  A loud sound.  A loud, something-lashing-the-window sound.  "Ooohh.  It's raining!"  I thought to myself.  And I wondered how the walkers were faring.

And it wasn't just any rain--it was the kind of rain that goes sideways through the air in flying, swirling sheets.  The walkers came home about 15 minutes later, drenched to the skin.  Dripping hair, dripping faces, dripping shirts and pants.  Dripping, I say!!

"How was your walk?" I ask.  "GREAT!" they cried in joyful unison.

I TOTALLY should have gone!!!

1 comment:

Kazzy said...

I get pretty dang creeped out with wet clothes. A weird pet peeve. But walking in the rain with people I love? That does sound fun.