Thursday, May 26, 2011

You Can Thank Me Later

Back when I used to be on Facebook, I was always jealous when I'd see an old friend from High School who looked all slim and trim and not a day over 30.  And I'd feel sad because they were looking at pictures of me a full SEVENTY POUNDS heavier than I was when I graduated from High School.  And they would say some stupid thing like, "Oh my gosh!  You look exactly the same!"

And I would say it right out loud, to my computer and anyone else who happened to be in the room:  "You are a LIAR."

Once, I ran into an old friend on campus.  This is someone that I spent a great deal of time with back in the day.  I was also walking with my husband, who is also friends with this friend.  And the BUM didn't even recognize me.  (Who did he think it was holding hands with my husband is what I want to know?!)  That is what SEVENTY POUNDS will do, my friends.

But, I'd like to tell you all that you can thank me later for being the one who got fat, so you can all feel good about yourselves.

You're very welcome.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

blah. You're beautiful. And I mean it. I have always thought so.

Marianne said...

Rachel, you are the sweetest girl. Thank you for saying so! (And you were even there when I had to climb the ladder and crawl through the window when I was pregnant!!)

Kazzy said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! We expand and contract. I have been there too.

Amber said...

Well Marianne, I didn't know you in high school, and I think you're gorgeous. I don't know how you could have been more beautiful 13 years ago.

Caroldean said...

Marianne, you may have gained 70 pounds, but I have gained 75 pounds, at least I really don't want to step on a scale and know for sure.

Since I have known you longer then most anyone, I can tell you that you still look the same. That is happy, talented, the only difference is now you are wife and mom. Hmmm, that makes you happier then you were in high school.

A Joyful Chaos said...

I have gained a lot of weight, and the thing that I find most annoying is when a skinny person tells me that she simply has to lose five pounds. Ah well....


Blessings~

Anna B said...

i also didn't know you in high school, but you certainly are beautiful now! for real. i bet knowing you in high school would have been fun, though! you played the flute (i imagine) and i played the tuba. it would have been a great time!

Marianne said...

Anna, we would have been bosom friends, I know it. Oh wait, we ARE bosom friends!!

Chaos, I KNOW!!!

Caroldean, you're right. I am WAY happier than I was in High School. Why can't I just remember that??

Amber, you are TOO sweet! Thank you.

And Kaz--I don't seem to contract. I just expand! ;-)