Thursday, September 15, 2011

If You Insist...

OK.  I knew that photo would ellicit some interest, and I apologize for keeping you all in suspense!  There's really only one thing that needs to be said about that picture of my sweetheart's forehead.

Cancer.

And you can thank me for NOT posting the photo of his neck.  That one was pretty nasty.  Twice as long, and you know...on his neck.

I've kind of been sitting on this news, because I didn't really want to talk about it.  There's lots of good news here, so we feel very positive, but still, it's a scary conversation to have to have in ANY form.  It's basal cell carcinoma, which is the most common form of skin cancer, and NON melanoma, so it rarely spreads, metastasizes, or kills.  WHEW.

He's getting those stitches out this morning, and the doctor will let him know if they got all the cancer when they removed that chunk of his head.  The doctor said that they did get it all when they did the one on his neck.  So we're feeling pretty good, all things considered.

And you must know, Dennis has been quite happy going around telling people that his wife whacked him in the head with a frying pan...

He's such a funny guy.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh! I am so happy it isn't worse news!

And your hubby is quite funny. ha.

heath said...

Skin cancer runs in my family--makes me nervous! And you're right, it really is scary in any form. Hope they confirm that they got all of it out of his forehead.

Susan said...

My mom had that on her nose. Glad it's nothing worse, but still it's never fun to have ANY kind of cancer.

Kim said...

Oh Marianne! That is a scary word to ever face, but I am so, so glad that it's a good outlook. Hopefully it's all OUT of there! Too bad it's not closer to Halloween because Dennis could totally rock the Frankenstein look. :)

Anna B said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear that things are ok--that is really scary. Here's to no more of that.

Natalie said...

What a cool scar, that doctor must have got an A in sewing class. Glad D is doing well, scary stuff. Too bad it wasn't in a month though, he had his Halloween costume covered.

Kazzy said...

Glad you got on top of it. Sounds like a good prognosis.

emily sparks said...

how scary! i am praying for you and dennis. xoxo