Tuesday, September 27, 2011

STRESS

I'm feeling VERY stressed these days.  I have bad dreams about people jumping off the top of very, very tall water slides, or else my children are super heroes and have to fight battles and I can't help them--in fact, I am scared and so I run away.  I cry at work every day, and I hope no one notices.  I have back pain (again or still, whatever), and foot pain, too.  I have sullen and sassy teenagers.  Isaac cries before he goes to school.  My son is coming home from his mission in about four months and we have no place to put him.  My house is dirty and  I don't have time to clean it.  My daughter invited friends over for dinner the other day, and I had no food to feed them with (who EVER heard of serving fish and spaghetti???  It was embarrassing).

There's too much to do, and I don't feel like doing it.

Although, I can throw a mean pity party, and apparently, it's in full swing.  Come on over!!

8 comments:

Annie said...

Sounds like you have reason to be stressed. But you are a super hero yourself, Marianne! Life will get better. I can't BELIEVE that your son is coming home in 4 months. Time flies.

Anna B said...

i'll bring the chocolate!

so sorry to hear about the stress--and that is sooooo much stress. i agree with annie, you are a super hero! i could maybe deal with one of these things, but the second my back started hurting i'd be down for the count.

heath said...

Sometimes I think it might just be worth it to hire a cleaning lady to come and clean so I don't have to. There's the cost factor, but there might be things I'd be willing to sacrifice for it . . . Sorry things are so crazy!

Rachel said...

I LOVE YOU.

Meredith said...

At least you haven't lost your sense of humor :). I agree with Heath, hire a cleaning lady, then at least your bathrooms will be clean. Hang in there darlin', this too shall pass.

Kazzy said...

I am stressing lately too. I really think at our age WE have hormonal mood swings, and OUR TEENS DO TOO! I feel like I walk on egg shells all the time. We dont have a room for our RM when he comes home in March either. The family room may have to work. I could try having my 13 and 15 yr olds move back in with each other, but the egg shells, you know...

t.t.turner said...

Can we have a long-distance pity party? Seriously, I'm down for a PP. Let's do it. Ready... go!

Caroldean said...

OK the foot pain is probably from when you broke your foot. I broke my foot almost 16 years ago and it still hurts when the weather changes, it doesn't matter if it is hot to cold or cold to hot, the foot hurts.

Your boy can sleep on the couch or the floor in the family room until he is ready to move out, remember that he is an adult now. We might have an extra bed for the next 18 months in 6 weeks if you need to borrow it.

Issac is at an age where it is either crying, fighting or screaming before school, I have one that age too.

Make the kids do the cleaning. They live there too!! I made my kids clean the kitchen and living room today, finally! They have had a marching band thing every day this week, all three teens. I could not even keep up with the dishes, they all do have clean clothes though. I never have time to keep the house clean and I am a SAHM!! Don't feel bad, just remember that if people want to see you, great come on over. But, if they want to see a clean house they better make an appointment!

Don't worry about dinner, your could have called it leftover night!