Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Have an Idea...

I've been thinking of instituting a different "blog theme" for each day of the week.

So Wednesday is obviously "Wordless Wednesday."   When I do it, of course...

I haven't really come up with anything for the other days of the week yet.  Except Saturday.  I have a theme for Saturday.

Are you ready?

Here it comes...

STUPID SATURDAY!

What do you think?  A good idea?  I think so.  I could tell about all the big plans I have for the day, and then relate how, through circumstances that are usually completely beyond my control, I don't ever accomplish the things I need to do.

It always starts out with a major case of physical and emotional fatigue.  Add a house that hasn't really had any attention for at least a week, overflowing laundry hampers, Sunday School lessons that need preparing, kids that need rides, a neighbor who needs a little help with something, a fridge that is strangely devoid of anything edible, and you're on your way to a perfect STUPID SATURDAY.

Throw in there a little bit of unfinished Christmas shopping, choir dress mending, random dumb errands, and there you have it.  It's another STUPID SATURDAY.  I have them almost every week, and it puts me in a sour mood that usually lasts about a week, until another STUPID SATURDAY comes along.

Is 8:00 too early for me to go to bed?

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOVE your family picture!

Your Stupid Saturday sounds like my every day...

Anna B said...

great family picture!! and i say 8:00 is a perfect bed time--go for it!

heath said...

Every once in a while I have a great, productive, do exactly what I hoped to do, Saturday. Usually that only happens after a week where I had zero things going on in the evenings and I actually managed to not start Saturday with a disaster of a kitchen. Currently we're on track to have a pile of dishes in the sink and junk all over the couches come Christmas.

Melody said...

Oh my gosh, Sis. This made me laugh until I cried because many of my Saturdays are STUPID SATURDAYs too! And with the any luck, for the rest of my life when I see Saturday on the calendar I will smile and think about my awesomer than awesome sister. I'm about to go have a TEPID TUESDAY (you know, where you feel lukewarm about being productive from the start, so nothing happens, which is okay because you didn't think it would anyway, and then you don't cook dinner or bathe the kids and fall asleep early while in front of the tv...mmm, I love TEPID TUESDAY!).

Heidi said...

You've given a name to my pain! I usually hate Saturdays. :) We should start a club.

Heidi said...

And I love your family picture. What a gorgeous suit!

Kazzy said...

Sounds great.

How about Mishap Monday? Terrific Tuesday?