Friday, April 20, 2012

Things I Know

People who go to Leslie's French Pastries Shop and eat a whole cream cheese danish and a whole mint brownie with nuts get what they deserve.  Boy, do I feel sick!  (I saved the eclair for later...)

People who stay up late at night playing Hanging with Friends are probably going to be really, really tired the next day(s). Ugggg.

People who have a 30 on the ACT and 3.88 GPA do not get scholarships to BYU.  At least, not if they live in Provo.

People who spend all their money going to Disneyland do not have much money left to pay for wedding things.

People who run around pantsing their friends and little brothers are gonna get what's coming to them.  (I hope I'm there to see it...)

See, look at all the great things you can learn by hanging around with me!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Ok, where is Leslie's French Pastries Shop. I need to know. :)

t.t.turner said...

Love you, Marianne. Never been to Leslie's, but OH, I've HEARD! :)

Susan said...

Mmm...pastries. Sorry about the lack of scholarship. That's a bummer. BYU is a dang competitive place.

Anna B said...

BYU is crazy competitive! i'm pretty sure i couldn't get in now. ahhh, and cream cheese danishes--that is where it's at.

Erica said...

oh I love your little thoughts. Hilarious!! I especially love the pantsing part j.k.

Natalie said...

all really useful things to know, Had I known these things, one of my kids wouldn't have got suspended for pantsing someone, We would not have gone to England right before our wedding announcement and I wouldn't have bugged my kids so much about grades for scholarships. I expect I would still eat the pastries though :)

Kazzy said...

"What the heck???" on the scholarship. Sheesh.

Kim said...

The scholarship thing is stupid. Same thing happened to me my first year, and I had a freaking 3.98. I was so irritated!! BUT, I found that if you do really well your first semester or two they are much more generous with scholarships after that. Usually the cutoff for a full academic scholarship for continuing students is around 3.87, 3.88...depending on the major. It's nice to know there is still hope!! :)