Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Resurrection

Don't anyone have a heart attack or anything--I know it's been a while since I posted anything on this poor little blog.  I am vowing to do better.  A sort of Blog Resurrection, if you will.

My life is busy.  Too busy, in fact.  But there you have it.  I don't read blogs, I don't post blogs, I don't get enough sleep, and I don't get much done around the house.  But I see tons of students every day, and I am sort of caught up on my school work, so I guess I'm doing something!

Being an advisor is exhausting.  I spend all, and I mean ALL, of my emotional energy at work each day.  By the time I get home all I want to do is crawl, whimpering, under my covers.  But HELLO, I have children to take care of.  They need help with their homework, help with their practicing, help getting to practices and games and parties and scouts.  They also need to eat, and get haircuts, and shower, and clean their rooms.  If I can meet their basic physical needs, it's a good day.

I don't want to talk about meeting their emotional needs, because frankly, it ain't happening, and I feel pretty bad about that.

So basically, I've been riding that exciting roller coaster we all call life.  Usually I enjoy roller coasters, but this one isn't feeling very fun right now.  In fact, it has occurred to me that I really, really want to get off.  Just for a little while and regain my composure.  Because lately, and by lately I mean since about the beginning of October, I have been in a poopy mood.  I only write poopy because I'm slightly above writing the word you all know I'm thinking, right here, out loud, on my blog.

Yeah.

So, tomorrow morning I'll give myself a big pep talk before I manage to get out of bed, and I'll stumble through the morning routine, and with my sweet husband's help, get everyone out the door. Then I'll put on my happiest happy face and go to work.  After work I'll come home and try to keep my happy face on, but when I find out that someone told their friends that I'm a butt, or when they cry when I tell them it's time to practice, my happy face will go away.  And it won't come back.

POOP.

In other news, today I mailed Keith and Becky's Christmas present.  And we have new windows!  (That is worth posting some pictures...maybe I'll do that later and resurrect Wordless Wednesday...)  Isaac is getting really good on his little cello, and Wade is starting Spring football training.  Isaac earned his Webelos badge, but he can't get it yet because he hasn't been in Webelos long enough.  Dennis and I went and saw Cyrano de Bergerac last night, and it was SO good.  Kate is almost finished with her first year of college, and Paul and Nicole are in Florida, using the plane tickets we bought for their original honeymoon, but they didn't end up using.  Dennis made me a birthday cake and I decorated it and wrote "Happy Birthday to Me!!!" on it.  I also arranged the candles to say "Hippy Bath Yard."  I'm gettin' crazy in my old age.

So there you have it.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  Check back later for more regular updates!!


4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad you're blogging again. I've missed hearing what's going on in your life! Life around here is rather poopy too, more literally than figuratively (darn potty training).

Erica said...

So sorry you are so busy!! I still can't believe you are going to be in school for two years. eek. School is so darn stressful! Is it a degree? or how does that work?!

You are such a good mom. Seriously. Moms deserve a metal. Being a mom is hard work!

Sharon said...

Oh, it made me so happy to see a post from you! :) I've missed your Wordless Wednesdays and your other posts too. I always enjoy reading what you write, even if it is just about how exhausting life is, because I feel like that a lot too, but I'm not always brave enough to write about it. Knowing I'm not alone, and with a bit of humor too, has always helped to make my day. So, thank you!

Anna B said...

So glad to see you in the blogosphere!!! Your life sounds sooooo busy and I totally hear you on the wanting a break thing. Like, can't I just have 24 hours straight in my bed during which a magical being will have cleaned and organized my life??? Otherwise I fear that it won't happen. At least it's Cadbury egg season.