Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Slippery Slope of Fall

 Don't you just love fall?  I didn't used to, when I was young and foolish.  Fall always made me sad.  The beautiful summer was dying, the cold and dirty air was moving in, and the days were short and dark.  I suppose those things are all still true, but I don't see it that way anymore.  Now I see the beauty of fall.  The crunchy leaves, the brilliant colors, the cooler weather, the long, cozy nights.  Hot chocolate and holidays.

And that is why, as soon as October arrives, I start to get excited.  Because here comes Halloween!  And here comes Thanksgiving!  And here comes Christmas!  Up go the decorations!  And before I know it, Halloween is over, and it takes me a week or more to get everything put away and get some Thanksgiving on.  And that never lasts very long because fall is just a slippery slope, and before I know it, we're enjoying our Thanksgiving dinner.  And the MINUTE the dinner dishes are done, we start testing the Christmas lights!

So Fall 2013, bring on the good times!  I'm glad you're here.






 

p.s.  This is Kurt.  He goes with Kate.  They are in love.




7 comments:

Sharon said...

Those are awesome pumpkins!! We were lame and didn't carve ours this year, at least in part because my girls are in love with the pumpkins and it would probably be traumatic for them. :)

Julie said...

Hooray! Your blogging is back. :)

Natalie said...

Love seeing your family, but mostly just love you :-)

Natalie said...

Love seeing your family, but mostly just love you :-)

heath said...

So glad to see a blog post from you! You guys are awesome--I'm glad to see other people celebrating the holidays festively.

t.t.turner said...

I get so excited every time I see a post from you. Those pumpkins are fantastic, and va va voom on your costume, Marianne! I love seeing all the fun Halloween decor up on your kitchen cabinets. You are such a fun mom.

devid john said...

Download captain america 2 : www.captainamerica2thewintersoldier.com/